Visit csep.ca

CSEP 2016: From Health to High Performance

ABSTRACT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1.  When is the deadline?

The deadline to submit an abstract is MONDAY June 20, 2016 11:59 PM, PDT (midnight) EXTENDED to WEDNESDAY June 22, 2016 17h00 EDT.  Due to publication considerations we are unable to extend the submission deadline.  Late abstracts will be considered for presentation on a case-by-case basis by the Conference Organizers.  These abstracts will not be published in Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism (APNM).

2. What format is required for posters (dimensions etc.)?

The Poster should include title, authors and affiliations at the top, the abstract, and it is suggested that it include an introduction, methods, results (mostly tables and/or graphs), discussion and/or conclusion, and references.  The size of each poster board is normally:  6 feet (1.8 m) wide by 4 (1.2 m) feet high.  Push pins or velcro will be provided.

3. What is the format for Free Communications (oral presentations)?

Free communications are scheduled into thematic sessions and chaired by a subject matter expert.  Your presentation should be in PowerPoint (or equivalent) and last 10 minutes.  Following your presention there will be 5 minutes for questions. Please bring your presentation on USB stick to the appointed room before the start of the session.

3. How do I apply for an award?

Award applications are part of the abstract submission process and conform to the same deadline date as the abstract deadline. You may be required to submit supplemental information separately.  You must select the Award track option (e.g., Graduate Student Award-Poster MSc) if you wish to submit your abstract for consideration for an award.   

4. How and when will I hear if my paper has been accepted?

All sponsored abstracts  — abstracts submitted by a current Academic CSEP member (self-sponsored) or sponsored by a current Academic CSEP member — are normally accepted when submitted.  All students must have their abstract sponsored by a current Academic CSEP member. 

We intend to communicate abstract the date/time/format of presentations via email to the email address you entered for the First Author by mid-to-late August.  A letter will also be sent by post to the mailing address you entered for the First Author when you created a user profile.  Be sure to verify that your full postal mailing address (including department and room numbers for your university, unit numbers if you use a home address, city, province and postal code) is entered when you submit or your letter will be returned as undeliverable.  We are not responsible for incorrect contact information that results in a failed notification.

5. What equipment is available? e.g. projectors, computers etc.

We will have an LCD Projector, Laptop Computer with PowerPoint, Laser Pointer, microphone etc. set up for all Free Communication and Symposia presentations. 

6. Can I change the title? Can I substitute another abstract?

No. Following the submission deadline, June 20, 2016, June 22, 2016 the abstracts are submitted to the APNM Editorial office for publication in Applied Physiology, Nutrition, & Metabolism (APNM) and no modifications are permitted.

7. I would like to give my talk on a particular day. Is this possible?

Presentations are grouped into topic themes, then into poster or free communication presentation sessions (following authors' preferences as much as possible).  These sessions are scheduled using criteria such as session topic, concurrent sessions of interest, room availability and other factors.  We cannot guarantee the ability to change the presentation time of your abstract to a preferred day or time.

8.  I requested a poster presentation and my abstract has been scheduled as a free communication (oral) presentation (or vice versa).  Why?

Abstracts are grouped into themed poster or free communication presentation sessions and the organizers try their best to accommodate the author's preference as to format.  Due to factors such as a maximum number of spaces in a session, room availability and the number of abstracts submitted in a given topic area, the organizers reserve the right to change an abstract's presentation format to accommodate these restrictions.

9. Can I submit more than one abstract?

Yes.  As a First Author you may submit a maximum of two abstracts. There is no limit to the number of times you can be listed as a co-author on abstracts submitted and presented by others.

10. Do you accept late submissions?

Only under exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the CSEP 2016 Organizing Committee.  These abstracts will not be published in Applied Physiology, Nutrition, & Metabolism (APNM).

11. What if I need to withdraw my abstract?

If you must withdraw your abstract due to exceptional circumstances please contact us.  We will consider your request on a case-by-case basis.  Normally, delegates who withdraw an abstract are not permitted to submit to the conference the following year. Please contact Mary Duggan 1-877-651-3755 x 223 or mduggan@csep.ca

12. Is there a fee to submit an abstract?

Yes, the abstract submission fee is $40 +HST per abstract and is intended to cover the journal publication fees.